meiyunnchung

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Toilet in China







This one is for woman, not for man. No doors, of course. You do not see something wrong. You don't need to feel strange. There are many toilets like this in countryside or small viliage in mainland China.

There are enough places for 3 persons to go to toilet at the same time. Funny? yes. To taiwanese, mm, yes, funny & interesting. I didn't see such toilet before. When the first time I went to mainland China, mm, I didn't want to go to toilet outside my hotels or big cities. Last time I went to China, I forgot to take some pictures. This time, "toilet in China" is the first thing I need to take picture with. Well, for me, this kind of toilet is not so comfortable, but, I still can go. Cause, "it's need to hurry to go to toilet." But, for western people? can they go? I do not know. In fact, I saw western people went to toilet in small viliages in mainland China. But, what is their first reaction? Do they know how to go? No one tell me before.


I can give you the correct answer. You need to face to outside, not to the wall. How can I know this? Cause I saw a old woman done this. "SHE WAS NEXT TO ME" . She faced outside. She is local people, not like me. I am a tourist in mainland China, remember?


When the first time I went to China with my 2 roommates in Chinese lunar new year. That was the very first time for me to see a toilet like this. "HOW CAN I GO?" "FACE OUT OR FACE TO WALL"?? If I face to wall, then my ass will face out. People who go to toilet after me can see my ass. So, I chosed to face out. But, half of my friends said: "Of course you need to face to wall. Cause, everybody's ass is all the same. The only different is people's faces. So, if you do not want people to know you are "in" the toilet, you need to face to the wall." Agree with this?


Face out or face to the wall? Does not matter. The only thing really is a matter is need to hurry to go to toilet. Otherwise, "YOU WILL HAVE A WET PAINTS." ~~~~ :)


Oh, forget to tell you one thing about that toilet. No water. So, you can see "shit" made by earlier people. Of couse, shit smell & flies.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:18 PM, Blogger deCinabre said…

    Ha, ha, MeiyunnChung, very good. I like your blog. The world needs to know these things.

     
  • At 12:06 AM, Blogger mikidkolan said…

    uff, sounds hard, I must say, for some poor foreigner who'd be in need at such place. I must say, even we in former Yugoslavia had not come to SUCH communism, at least shit we could make in private ;-).

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As a white american used to using such facilities in China, I must suggest facing outward, away from the wall. This way you can smile, wave and talk when all the locals come to your stall to stare at the first foreigner they've seen using the squatter.

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger MeiyunnChung said…

    Good & Funny~~~ I like your answer~ Keep reading my blog~~ :) Thanks for your opinion . ^_^ !!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home