meiyunnchung

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Halloween food?



Pumpkin? No, duck's blood. Interesting?

This is duck's blood pudding hot pot. (Thanks to deCinabre for correcting my English. Meat pudding. ^_* !! ) I know you western people do not eat "blood". Only vampire sucks blood, right? Maybe this is the best food for vampire.

Except for duck's blood pudding, what else are there in my hot pot? Steamed to-fu with bad smell, vegetables and some fish meat syrup processing foods. How much does this cost? 90NTD.

See, there is blue frame below my hot pot. That's why this called "hot" pot. They use this to keep temperature of food in the pot "hot". The waiter lighted off a candle ball and put it under my pot.

Also thanks to Joyce for telling me "hot pot". It's really very interesting to translate Chinese foods into English. *_^ !!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger deCinabre said…

    Hi, meiyunnchung, we western people do eat blood - we love it. My favourite is Black Pudding, which is made from pig's blood with pearl barley and lumps of fat.
    Here is a picture, but it should be black in colour, not brown (!): http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/mostof_blackpudding.shtml

    I like it boiled, or sliced and fried - very nice for breakfast with fried egg and bacon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home