meiyunnchung

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Wu-town

Beautiful? Traditional Chinese house? Tradition Chinese image to you? This is wu-town in China. A little bit similar to Venice. Well, this place is the place I went during our Chinese lunar new year this year. (2005 ) Of course, I ate a lot of nice food here. :)

In fact, that day was very cold & cloudy. But, see my pic, still not bad in weather? ha ha ha~~~ I really like the view there, but, toilet? ha ha ha~~~ Of course, no doors. This is the very first time for me to go to China. I already knew the "special" toilets there. But, I still can not accept. That's the reason for me to take pictures of toilets in China druing my last trip to U-nan. Do you want to see "special "toilets in China? Back to see my blog in Sep. Then, you can get an idea. :)

3 Comments:

  • At 1:52 AM, Blogger cdubthebabyshooter said…

    I like the bridge on the left side of the picture. Wu-town sounds a lot like "Wu-tang" which is a rap group from America

    http://www.sonymusic.com/labels/loud/wutang/wu.html

    They took there name from Kung-Fu movies.

     
  • At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wish the Chinese would know what a world heritage site they have. I wish they would not tear everything down and build modern buildings.
    I wish they would preserve and renovate these old structures and be proud to show them off to the world.
    And I wish they would have better toilets and sanitation so the world knows that China is a world class country.

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Blogger MeiyunnChung said…

    Well, toilets in China are not all so bad. They have modern ones. My pictures were taken in countryside. My sister told me : " If you see those toilets are really not very modern, then you are in a very localized town in China. "

    Do you know how those people in China call these modern buildings?
    Modern Civilization. They want this. They think that old & lower house is poor. Most of them do not know this old & lower houses can bring them a lot of money. (Tourists can bring money) Especailly those who live in countryside.

    Really a pity to them. But, most of those people are really very poor. So, what is wrong for them wanting to have a better life?

    The only thing wrong is their government. They shall plan well and preserve those historical houses & views well. And also let their citizens live in a better life.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home