meiyunnchung

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Kimchi





Kimchi is a kind of extremly famous Korean food. What is your first picture of Korea? Of course, ginseng or Kimchi. There are a lot of kinds kimchi in Korea. Usually, we can see vegetable kimchi. But, there are fish kimchi in Korea, too. If you like, you can go to Korea and make or eat by yourself.

How to make it? First, clean Chinese cabbage, then add some crude salt on it, layer by layer. I mean, add some crude salt on one leaf, then add crude salt on another leaf. Then, put your Chinese cabbage into water for hours. After couple hours, wash it off and let your cabbage dried. Air dried is fine. No need to be as dried as dried vegetables. See my pictures.

Do you think that kimchi is "vegetarian"? NO. Because Koreans add a little bit shrimp sauce & fish sauce in it. But, it need to be very careful to add these 2 kind of flavor. Why? If you add too much, the flavor of kimchi will be very strange. By the way, if you like pear, you can add some pear juice in it.

Frankly speaking, it is not hard to make kimchi. But, it is not easy to flavor. See my 2 nd picture. I only got sauce they already flavored for us.(already prepared) ha ha ha~~ I just needed to add those red sauce to my Chinese cabbage. of course, layer by layer. What is that white liquid in the cup in my 2nd picture? Milk with ginseng. Not bad to drink~~~

2 Comments:

  • At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    meiyunnchung
    wow you look really adorable in the "korean" style robe. The kimchi cabbage--at first I thought it was eggs!

    What a fun trip.
    Thanks for sharing it with us.

     
  • At 10:09 PM, Blogger MeiyunnChung said…

    Thank you~~
    There will be other Korean food in my blog. :) I bought some special snack food back from Korea and took pictures of almost every meal I ate in Korea. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home