meiyunnchung

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Traditional "bed" in Korea









I stayed 2 days in this kind of traditional Korean room. Those pictures were taken in the room where my roommate in Tainan & I stayed. 5 people can stayed in this room. There are 1 living room, 2 bedrooms and 1 toilet in this house. My tourist guide told us to sleep in the living room. why? Because there are only 2 people, my roommate & I, sleep in this room. If we sleep in any bedroom, can we hear the phone ring in the morning? (morning call) ha ha ha.

Traditionally, Koreans sleep on the floor. Do you think that is cold? No. The floor is warm and also a little bit hot. :) There are hot water pipeline or heater under the floor. The air in the house is very dry. So, if you wash your clothes, do not need to put it outside your room for dry. You can put it on the floor and after couple hours, it can be dried.

See, there are almost everything in this house. You can cook by youself. But, you need to clean by yourself, too. Otherwise, you need to pay money for cleaning.

Traditionally, the house of Korean's is not big. See my 1st picture. This is taken inside the door. There are 1 big room in left side and 1 small room in right side. Is this house big for you? NO, of course. But, warm enough. :)

2 Comments:

  • At 11:27 PM, Blogger mikidkolan said…

    Hey, I like the floor as a bed, when it is warm...gives more place, some pillows and... ;-)

     
  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger MeiyunnChung said…

    Reaaly alien style of talk. ha ha ha~~ I know you like this, floor as bed. I know that you need more space for ... ha ha ha~~~

     

Post a Comment

<< Home