meiyunnchung

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Convenient store in Seoul



Is there anything special in the convenient store in Korea? No. Of course, no. Why I write this topic? Stupid topic? NO. Cause it is really a convenient store. Why I think so? See the sign, Can you understand those English words? "Family mart" ? Not hard, right? There are this chain convenient stores here in Taiwan. The same English sign. Of course, in Taiwan, we still have Chinese words on it, same as there are Korean words on that sign. So, even I do not know any Korean words, I still can know what I can find in that store. So, is that "convenient"? ha ha ha~~
Usually, in other countries, I mean, outside Taiwan, to the places where are no Chinese words, the places I will go are chain convenient stores( 7-11, family mart and so on), Mcdonald's, starbucks coffee, and so on. Because, I know what I can find in those shops. Do you do the same thing as me? :)

Who is that idiot in my 2nd pic? Of course, me. What is that on my hand? My roommate's cake. She felt hungry and we went out to buy something to eat. Of course, to "family mart" . ha ha ha~~~

Why I took this picture? Cause there is a Chinese resturant. See, there are very small English words on one sign. My eye-sight is not so good to see that small words. I read in Chinese. There are Chinese words on that sign. ha ha ha~~~

But, I need to say, if you want to go to Korea, you need to learn some Korea words. Otherwise, you need to go with tourist group. Why? Cause most of words are written in Korean. I mean, if you want to spend you time in Korea and go to those places where local Koreans go, you must need to learn Korean words. Generally speaking, their English is not very good. But, maybe you can understand them. If you are native English speaker. The way those foreigners here in Taiwan speak Chinese is a little bit strange to us, but, we still can understand. If 2 foreigners who came from different countries and speak Chinese to each other, can they understand each other well at 1st time? :)

5 Comments:

  • At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Meiyunn
    What, in your opionion, are the big differences between Japan, Korea, and Taiwan?

    I find that all three like the same type of soap operas, same type of food, and the same type of street set up...

     
  • At 4:22 AM, Blogger cdubthebabyshooter said…

    Family Mart is big in Japan too. Family Mart, Lawsons, and 7-11 are all very popular. When I went to Japan, the idea of a conveniece store was very new to me. Most convenience stores in America are part of a gas station. In Japan, most conveniece stores had nice prepared food but in America the food at a convenience stores are not good or mostly just snacks.

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger MeiyunnChung said…

    Do you know why I took that picture? Cause here in Taiwan, 7-11 is big than family mart. But, in China, these 2 chain convenient stores are smaller thean other.

    Although I have not been to Japan, I know what are there in Japanese chain stores. Why? They copied that to Taiwan. So, what I can buy here in Taiwan, I can buy in Japan,too. Maybe more. :)

    I also know this kind of chain stor is rare or not so good in American or in Europe. :)

    If you are the one who like to eat in the deep nights and not willing to cook by yourself, then you will like to live here in Taiwan. Cause you can buy prepared food in convenient stores. Why Taiwan? not in Korea or Japan? Cause, Taiwan is hot than those 2 countries. If you like to live in a hot or warm place, you will like Taiwan. :)

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger MeiyunnChung said…

    By the way, I fogot to tell 1 thing. If you use your mind and soul to view things, you will find difference.

    Taiwan,(even China), Korea and Japan are totally different countries. Maybe we all came from same culture hundred years before. But, we all add our something special after so many years.

    If you think Taiwan, Korea and Japan are the same, I can think England, American and Australia are the same, too. Or I can think all western cultures are the same. Why? read in your historical book. :)

     
  • At 1:17 AM, Blogger cdubthebabyshooter said…

    I agree with Meiyuun. It would be like saying Italy, France, and Spain all have the same type of food and their cities all look the same. Of course this is not true and the same applies for Japan, Korea, and Taiwan (especially food! They are sooooo different).

    Many Americans are very bad at geography and don't know much about other countries. I think that is very sad. When I returned from Japan some people would ask me, "So, can you speak Chinese?" I would say, "No, I lived in Japan.... they are totally different countries." People would look at me confused.

    However, I'm guilty too. I know more about Japan because I lived there BUT I don't know much about the differences in countries like Vietnam and Laos. Or Croatia and Serbia... I should do more studying.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home